Saturday, September 20, 2008

PARTNERS IN CRIME: A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD


PARTNERS IN CRIME
THE PURSUIT CONTINUES

On October 7, 1996, I was attacked and robbed in my parents' Montreal home, where I had been living for two years while recovering from breast cancer. At the beginning of October my teenage niece, Dawn McSweeney, and her boyfriend Alex had moved in with us. Within a week of Dawn’s arrival, I was suddenly attacked for no apparent reason and without any warning. In shock, I managed to call 911.

One of the two officers who responded to my distress call 'helped' me out the door without as much as a coat. In front of my assailant, the officer told me that I must never return. This police officer's unilateral decision to evict me, forbidding me to return home, gave all my most precious belongings, and my aged parents' lives and property into the hands of Dawn McSweeney.

This action was taken without any investigation. There was no legal procedure. No hearing. No court procedure. No trial. No judgment. No background to support such an action. No justification. The officer just decided to do it. And then - he did not file a report.

Widowed, unemployed and fighting cancer, the Montreal Police abandoned me in the street alone, cold, homeless and destitute. My entire life was locked up behind me, in the hands of my teenage niece, Dawn McSweeney. I pleaded with the police to file a report, to go to the house and see for themselves the proof of what I was saying. They refused again and again. For six months, the police refused repeatedly to file a report. At 60, I had to start life again - from scratch.

Quebec's Police Ethics Commissioner, Denis Racicot, wrote
to me: "The police have large powers and vast authority .... The case is “definitively closed.” Large powers - to help criminals? Vast authority - to rob widows ?

I appealed to Quebec Premier Jean Charest. He wrote to say that the theft of all my jewellery and the fruit of my life's work and the personal treasures my husband left to me, is “a civil matter of an unfortunate nature.” Grand larceny is a civil matter ?

After the robbery, Dawn's mother, Debbie McSweeney, our youngest sister, obtained power of attorney from both my parents. Every other member of the family, social services, fire protection inspectors and even police detectives, were barred from my parents' home thereafter.

In April, 2004, the home of our youth looked like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, doors and windows overgrown with dead vines. I called for help and learned that my mother had been removed from her home. So I went to the police station to file a missing person report. The officer could not file a report - because Debbie, told him by telephone that she knew where mother was. To see your mother or get information about where or how she is, you have to file a civil suit. “But you will need a lawyer.” But that would take months ! Can't the police check on my mother now ? Sorry.

The following is a matter of Public Record.

In June, 2007, we learned that our mother had died. She was buried on June 21, 2007 after being kept in total seclusion by Debbie and her associates from the day of the robbery. Suddenly, on June 26, I started receiving hate mail and threats to drop the robbery case were posted on my blog. I reported that to the police immediately. The next afternoon, June 27, two police officers came to my door with a court order to have me committed for a 30-day mental evaluation, accusing me of being insane and dangerous. I was released from the hospital unconditionally on June 29, 2007.

The Suburban newspaper carried that story in two parts,
on September 5, 2007 and on September 12, 2007.

The following is also a matter of Public Record.

Weeks later, I found out why a complete stranger wanted me silenced: My accuser, the mise en cause who applied for the court order, was one Kenneth Gregoire Prud’homme, a person I do not know and with whom I have never spoken. This same Prud’homme is named as the liquidator of a will in my mother’s name created when she was 92 years old, handicapped mentally and physically and had been totally under the physical control and influence of Debbie and this group for a decade. Their will was notarized and executed, but OUR MOTHER DID NOT SIGN THAT WILL. All the children were included in the wills my parents had made. Only Debbie and Dawn McSweeney and Kenneth Gregoire Prud’homme benefit from the bizarre 2005 will.

Months later, I discovered Dawn McSweeney’s own blog on the internet. The heading reads:

grasping at intangibles


Dedicated to partners in crime and kindred spirits.
Voyeurs and well wishers also welcome.

http://graspingatintangibles.blogspot.com/

In November, 2007, my Member of the Quebec National Assembly wrote an appeal to the Conseil de la Magistrature against the judge who condemned me with his court order in less than four minutes without ever seeing me or speaking to me and without any medical evidence, but based solely on the bizarre accusations made by a man I do not know and Debbie who had not spoken with me since 1997. The Conseil de la Magistrature of Quebec replied that the judge did nothing wrong.

I am now 72 years old. I have been fighting for justice in this case for twelve years. I will never give up. I want to make it very clear that I will not accept money or "compensation" from anyone. I want my parents’ true wills to be reinstated. I do not want anything from my parents’ estate for myself. I want only what Dawn McSweeney and her associates stole from me. And I want the thieves tried in criminal court.

I am fighting for that rare and elusive treasure - JUSTICE !
I will not settle for anything less.

Phyllis Carter
September. 2008
Though rare, it is not a crime to tell the truth.

No comments: